Junior League/Teen League
If you feel that your pre-teen/teen is the next Lewis Hamilton or Danica Patrick, then our youth kart racing leagues are for you! Our Junior League is designed for children who are 4′ to 4’10” in height and our Teen League is designed for children who are 4’10” and taller. Both leagues are held on the same evening.
Choose your center from the dropdown to view results.
2018 Junior League Schedule
Registration starts at 5:30 pm. Racing begins promptly at 6:00pm.
No late registrations after start of racing.
A minimum of 3 participants is required to run each event. Be advised that if there are 13 or more racers the event time will be dramatically increased due to expanded race heats. Racers are only allowed to race in 1 league.
February 6 (Dallas – February 7th)
March 6 (Arlington – March 7th, Addison – March 13th)
July 10* (Irvine – July 11th, Wilmington – July 17th, Indy – July 18th)
August 7 (Redmond – August 13th)
*Subject to change.
- Free event t-shirt at initial registration (first race of the season only – a $20 value!)
- Free membership ( a $8.00 value!)
- 9-Mini grand prix races (12 lap qualifier/12 position race)
- 1-Final end of season Grand Prix (12 lap practice/12 lap qualifier/12 position race)
- Prizes and awards at the end of the season
- Points based on total number of racers that compete in final heat . (15 racers means 1st place gets 15 points)
- 1 points less for each following place. (Same example, 2nd place gets 14 points, 3rd 13, etc.)
- 1 bonus point awarded for having the fastest qualifying time (pole position).
- If at the end of the season, there is a points tie, the driver with the best podium record will win.
- There will be two qualifying rounds consisting of 14 laps each. Your single fastest lap time from both qualifiers will be used to determine your position at the start of the final race.
- The final race will consist of a 16-lap race for position and will begin as a rolling start.
- There will only be ONE rolling start! No restarts are allowed.
- New drivers will be evenly distributed within qualifying groups.
- There will be no switching of karts at anytime during both qualifying sessions unless there is a mechanical failure or accident, which caused damage to a kart.
- You will be able to remove a kart after the first round of qualifying.
- You will be able to remove a kart after the second round of qualifying.
- There will be no switching of karts during a final race unless there is a severe mechanical failure.
Learn More About Our Youth Racing League
We believe that there is no better way for youths to become involved with kart racing than with our youth racing league! The five-month series is affordable, safe, accessible, and is intended to serve as an introduction to racing. As the season progresses, drivers are able to use their experience to continuously improve their performance, and our timing system provides objective results that can be compared to previous races. We are proud of our youth kart league and are confident that you will not be disappointed with it!
During the series, each driver will participate in a Mini Grand Prix format race, consisting of a qualifying session to determine the starting order for the final race, and then that final race for track position. In the final round of the season drivers will compete in a full Grand Prix format race, which includes a practice session, qualifying session and 16 lap final race. Our ten-round series provides participants with the opportunity to experience the thrill of wheel-to-wheel racing, allows for extensive seat time, and rewards top finishers with prizes and trophies. Needless to say, we highly recommend it!
Additionally, K1 Speed junior kart racing league provides children with invaluable lessons not only on racing, but sportsmanship and camaraderie as well. We believe that our youth kart league is a great way to spend time with your son or daughter and can serve as a wonderful learning experience for both! If you would like your child to become involved in karting competition, reserve a spot for your child in our racing league today, as space is limited!